Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ready

"I've been waiting for good news. I'll work to continue singing these lines to the same demographic. Be it not perfect, let it be heard. By those taking an interest, not for the critics holding their ears."

I must say, I have the best friends a man could ask for. They truly pull me through rough patches in my life. I feel great today for some odd reason. I got horrible news today on all fronts, but for some strange reason I feel optimistic. It might have been Francis telling me to keep my head up, Aaron telling me not to be an asshole, Scott telling me girls suck anyway, Jeremy laughing at me, Alex telling me that step 82 is complete, or the knowledge that I am trying to do something bigger than this moment. Either way, it straitened me out.

I feel the urge to make a pie right now. It's much too late though. Maybe a good ole fashion cherry pie is in the works for tomorrow. I've decided I haven't seen my friend Chelsey in a while. I think I'll pay her a visit and tell her she is the female Larry Bird.

On a side note it was great talking to my old friend Shaina recently. I admit we were more than just friends in the past. I had quite the thing for her bahahaha. Two Towns is about her. I guess things have come full circle for me. Before I wrote that song for her to hear, so I could get a message to her. Then everyone else heard it and not her. Then a year and a half later, I got that message across to that same girl at a packed show. That's as good a reminder as any as to why I play music. It was good catching up (which is all we did). Even though I claimed and still claim, "she is the girl that got away" my heart beats for another. But some things were said that struck a chord in me. So, for those of you who follow, I'm working on many songs right now, but this one has caught my attention.

"Soft and spoken word of mouth creeps into my ears, from a friend I ain't seen in years. Maybe it's talk but the truth is there. Buried beneath the days, when we couldn't see clear. Words passing through tongue and cheek, slip past your teeth, and reveal the things you didn't mean."

Ready, set.... live.

No comments: