Saturday, September 11, 2010

Your New Twin Sized Bed

"You look so defeated lying there in your new twin sized bed. With a single pillow underneath your single head. I guess you decided that that old queen was more space than you would need. Now it's in the ally behind your apartment with a sign that says free.... It's like were in some kind of hurry, to say goodbye..."

I miss the taste of the air back home. It reminds me of my youth. It appears I'm on a new road. A new chapter if you will. I don't mind being alone for a while. Hopefully this will help me concentrate on what I need to be 100% focused on, getting signed. This year feels nothing like last year. All I've known is distance. All I keep are secrets. I'm gonna give them all away.

I was so misplaced this weekend, like I couldn't understand my feelings. I just know I'm gonna be that jaded asshole sooner or later. I have faith in my band and my friends. I know we are going to achieve our goals. But It will be at the cost of all the things my old life would have wanted. Companionship, furtherment of knowledge, potential friendships, and lack of family. You only get one life though, and this is what I choose to do with mine.

I'll put my hopes on hold, and hopefully experience these dreams with my eyes wide open. I'll always be thinking and waiting for the girl who only sleeps when it's raining. I'll do my best to put my past behind me. It's turning out to be a lot easier than I thought.

4 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

The road is hard sometimes man! Just give'r!

katakluzo said...

ok, obviously you've got a connection to this song, so I won't push Grapevine Fires on you.

But! this reads a tad depressing. Don't sell your soul for music, man. Just don't do it. It's not worth it. When you get famous, I want to be able to tell people I knew that guy in high school. If you're some jaded asshole without companionship, with a 22-year-old's view of the world and no grounding in his family, I'll still follow your career, but I'll have to do it after my super hot wife goes to bed and the kids are tucked in. Don't make me a closet Adam Rivera fan!

a.rivera said...

Thanks Francis, I just need to give'r!
Aaron, no worries, i was sad when I wrote that. When I say I'll be jaded I mean I wont be able to have a normal relationship with a girl. All I'll know is distance. I'm okay with that too, because this is truly what I love to do. I know I'll meet a girl someday who will put up with it one day, maybe even think it's cool lol. Me and my family talked and we plan on staying real tight, and my friends, well, they are always there for me. Thanks man.

L. Savoy said...

Beak: dear, dear Beak.

The distance you've known has made you stronger and much more in-tune with what you need. That need is obviously music to flow from the tips of your fingers onto the cold but familiar ivory keys. This girl, this relationship, this addiction is only fueling a fire - and that fire must burn out. What you need is a calm wind to follow and flow beneath those wings of which music carries you upon.

Hope that isn't too wordy. I'm sure it was. All I'm saying is that you need to do you and the rest will fall into place.