Thursday, July 7, 2011

Come To Life

And just like that, he found his way... The album has come to life.
I'm officially done writing for my bands first full length album, we have 12 brand new songs that have taken life. I'm really excited to hear what our CD will sound like. I've been very busy, I haven't had any distractions. I'm back home with the people that matter most in my life. I do miss Jeremy and Alden, and Lauren, and Ayrian, but mostly I miss that Sally girl. If I were to dedicate this album to anyone it would be her. Literally the majority of the album is about her and she doesn't even know, or maybe she might. She is a bright girl. I know she doesn't read my blog though, which is a good thing, I'll never say her name out loud. Then there is that Bird... any song that isn't written about Sally is written about Bird. It's strange to see the songs written about Lauren. They all seem to be farewell songs. Like "Save Me" and "Contracts", also "Take 2" they all speak of where the road has taken me and her. I have never been happier to have known someone and be blessed that they are still in my life. Like the last conversation we had though I think it's true that our road is a road of friendship these days. I can say that if it were not for her I would not be a musician today.

I just finished wrapping up the last song "The Right Times" Which is about miss Sally. When I showed the guys it immediately became a contender for the album, then as soon as we all played it together, it became the favorite, and now it's the single. It will be the song we push for the radio. One of my personal favs is "Receiving You" it's a song about both Sally and Lauren. It's a very interesting song. A lot of truth and self loathing wrapped in good music and little secrets. This album is going to define the last 6 years of my life. For those interested and wanting a sneak peak into the songs. Here they are, the ones in bold are already studio recorded. We finished them in our first session in May.

1. Save Me
2. The Right Times
3. Take 2
4. Receiving You
5. Bring Back Love (Harry and Sally
6. Contracts
7. Lights Go Out
8. I've Got Friends
9. Flatline
10. When You're Not Around
11. Liar Liar
12 I Wanted Hayley All Along

No comments: