Thursday, March 15, 2012

Because of you...

I swear I learn something every 5 minutes these days. Tomorrow me and the guys will be on the road to SXSW to perform two shows. Needless to say I am pumped. I absolutely cannot wait to see what the next two years have in store for me and the guys. I'm thinking we are gonna be doing some big things. Oh and on a side note, David Barnes new CD is freaking fantastic. I thought I'd take some time to write some of my thoughts, I haven't had this much on my mind in years. It's amazing how much things can change in such a short amount of time. Last time I was in Austin, my words were taken in a way I didn't expect, and now I seem to have lost someone I cared about. Someone it seems I'll always care about. I guess I should have said something when I had the chance. Chalk it up, another lesson learned. If she decides to come back and at least be my friend, I'll take it. I've never really been fair to myself. This thought occurred to me today, when I realized that I've never really had someone that liked me for reasons other than I played music. I need to be more patient than I have been. There is something out there for me. It's bigger than I can imagine. That's why I have never seen it, and probably wont see it for a while. I need to grow a little more. One thing I cannot escape is my need to write, my need to play. That goes hand in hand with everything that I am. I am my books, my crosswords, my work, my music, my movies, my bed, my room, my empty speech. So I guess those girls that loved me because I played music, loved me for half the right reasons. I want to be every reason. I want to be complete. One thing I can feel in my bones is that A Formal Affair's music is going to change, in so many good ways. Not because of a woman, not because of me, but because of you. If you're reading this, you care about me, you care about my band, and the music we make, and our music will progress because of you.


For your fun fact of the day "The highest point in our solar system is Mount Olympus Mons on the surface of Mars. It's peak extends 15 miles into the martian atmosphere. On top of that, it's a Volcano."

No comments: