Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Pie Maker


So I said I would put up the rest of the lyrics to the new song. So that's what I'm doing. I've had this tune in my head. I've had these thoughts in my bed. I've decided it's time to share.

"I'll waste my heart on somebody else.
I'll take my time when I read between the lines.
I'll be insufferable but I'll stay so comfortable.
I'll waste my words with nobody listening.
I'll be obscure and say things I don't mean.
It's hard to tell the truth when a lies all you can do.
Be as it may, I'm working on the parts of me,
That tare at the seam. So baby believe me,
When everything is not what it seems.

So brace yourself cause here it comes now. It's a long way down, and you're tied to the noose.
With all the things you lose. I'm addicted to the truth, written in four four timing for you.

Do you dream about life or something like it?
When you close your eyes, what comes to mind?
Is it a face that you've kept secret?
These secrets are keeping you.
I'll lock myself away, turn the page, and say your name.
But I find it kind of funny that,
She'd rather be alone, then feel lonely.

So brace yourself cause here it comes now. It's a long way down and you're tied to the noose. With all the things you lose. I'm addicted to the truth, written in four four timing for you.

I can't believe, it's come back to this. For 4 years been addicted to the risk.
I found this love on a winters kiss, but I soon found that ignorance was bliss.
I can't erase what I saw so clear, it was your breath in the atmosphere.
In the atmosphere.
In the atmosphere.
In the atmosphere.

Separate from the song above, I wrote this little poem that always puts a little smile on my face.

I am a son with a father.
Who loves my brothers daughter.
I am a friend and a lover.
I am a son with a mother.
I have loved and lost
And I have payed the cost
Of the life of a risk taker
but one day I will be The Pie Maker.

No comments: