Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stranded In The Garden State...

Your face it dances, and it haunts me.
Laughter still ringing in my ears.
I still find pieces of your presence here.
Even after all these years... Collin was right.

If I lived till I was one hundred and two, I just don't think I'll ever get over you.

So many things would be different. We're both so much older. I can't help it but I'm back to writing how I used to. Like the only person in the world that mattered was you. Like the only person in the world was you. This isn't for anyone else. Years have passed and I still feel the same. Does that mean anything? Not to sound weird, but what the hell? This is a little ridiculous.

It's not convenient, it's not loneliness, it's not cause it's comfortable. It's the only truth I've known. Yeah, you were awful for a long time. But you have always felt like home.

I have a routine these days. I wont say what it is, but I love it, because I get to think of you. It does involve: pictures, music, pies, letters, and water. I am lucky to still be in your life. I hope that stays the same.


Next stop.... Barcelona?

No comments: