Monday, December 6, 2010

and it begins with a heartbeat...


Eureka! I did it. I finished the first official song on me and my bands upcoming acoustic EP. Well, the intro track I guess. The first song was finished a while ago. I'm just really excited to see the EP coming together. Tomorrow me and Scott are gonna be working on the next song. I'll also be recording the piano tracks to the CD this weekend in my 2nd hometown of Wichita Falls! I'll be laying down some vocal work on the third song on the EP "These Secret Miles" tomorrow too. Hopefully Jason can find sometime to lend his guitar skills. I know me and Cody will be doing a lot of the other tracks and vocals over the break. I'm gonna be putting alot of effort into this CD. Hahaha even more than our When Words Fail EP. Ridiculous huh? This one is recorded in my closet so if I want it to sound good, I guess I need that extra effort. I added some different stuff in this new track. I did some talking in it over layed behind the music. It's funny that what I'm saying there is the most important part of the song and I purposefully made it hard to hear. The song itself is short. 2 mins. I love it that way. I said everything I needed to say in the song. I was bold with my words, and I went with what I was feeling. I think that's what I'm most proud of. That I was brutally honest with myself. This song still looks just like the girl who inspired it. In the end, the song is meant for a different girl who has sailed across an ocean, and took my heart with her. You better like this present vixen : )

No comments: